Valve has release the latest client update for the Steam Deck and it brings a highly requested feature. Now, there's another additional mode for the performance overlay that allows you to just see the FPS without overloading your screen with other information.
Here's how it looks (just like the desktop client has - top left):
In comparison, the previous lowest mode of the overlay had all this:
Yes, Garfield Kart works on Steam Deck.
Here's the release notes:
- Improved support for game initiated requests to load webpages through the Steamworks SDK.
- Added FPS only mode to the performance overlay
- Reorganized and restyled some information on downloads page
- Fixed and optimized layout for sections of Store on Deck
- Fixed comments not displaying in activity feeds
- Fixed localized game headers not displaying in some locations in the UI
- Fixed post game summary not scrolling correctly
- Fixed "Recently Played" friends sometimes showing up in a weird state
- Fixed bugs and crashes with the configurator