If you want to play the classic Heroes of Might and Magic II on Steam Deck and Linux with a more up to date game engine, that includes plenty of enhancements you should look to fheroes2.
Fully playable, but still not quite finished just yet. The developers working on this retro delight are a dedicated bunch and fheroes2 version 0.9.13 is out now with these highlights:
- Improve AI behavior in battles and on map, including hero recruitment, building castles and to be more aggressive while losing the game
- Fix many music and sound related issues like missing sounds for objects, Vampire movement in battle, incorrect music after switching castles
- Add initial implementation of Text Support mode to allow people with vision issues to play the game
- Scrollbars in the game are scalable according to the number of elements in the list
- Most of dialogs containing icons of artifacts, spells and etc allow to get extra information by right mouse clicking on these icons
- Add support of official Czech translation of the game and fix various general translation related issues
- Awards and choices in campaigns are not right mouse clickable allowing player to get detailed information about each item
- Over 50 bugs fixed since 0.9.12 release
Check it out on GitHub and remember to grab the data from GOG.com which it requires to run.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
No comments yet!
See more from me