HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed, a solo and co-op wave-based first/third-person shooter where you assume the role of a toy action figure is now officially available on Linux. Not only that, it's also a Steam Deck Verified title.
Being Steam Deck Verified means people can buy it without much worry, as it should perform well and look good on the smaller screen. This verification happened a little while ago but the additional big news is that they now have the officially supported native Linux version available today!
"If you grew up watching classic toy movies and played with action figures, get ready for mass nostalgia! Fight waves of weaponised toys in fun, light-hearted battles where each wave gets tougher and tougher. Hypercharge is easy to jump in and out of, allowing you to progress at your own pace."
- 1-4 player online / local co-op. Difficulty scales based on the number of players.
- Offline play with player bots.
- Full Split-Screen support including Online/Local.
- Wave-based Shooter with Defence Building Mechanics.
- Classic PvP combat. (up to eight players)
I'll be taking a look at it on Steam Deck, so keep an eye for a fresh video on the GamingOnLinux YouTube.
You can buy a copy from Steam.