Valve is really doing some great work on improving the Steam Deck, with another upgrade now available.
Just recently they overhauled the on-screen keyboard, to give it the excellent dual-trackpad mode and now they've continued the tweaks. Here's what's new:
- Active keyboard theme is now loaded in desktop mode
- Keyboard input is now sent on trackpad click down, instead of up, which should improve accuracy for fast trackpad typists
- Made the default keyboard theme "pressed" key state more noticeable
- Pressing R2/Enter no longer dismisses the keyboard in Desktop mode
- Removed two second latency hiding trackpad cursors when the trackpads are no longer in use
- Fixed issue with Steam Client on Desktop scaling when the standalone keyboard is shown
- Fixed issue where transcoded video/audio was re-downloaded on a driver change
- Fixed some missing localization in the controller configurator
My recent keyboard demo video if you missed it:
YouTube videos require cookies, you must accept their cookies to view. View cookie preferences.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
I don't know if it's already possible, but it would be cool if games could indicate which theme they would like (with a user-toggle, of course). The "pumpkin" theme would probably go quite well with Deus Ex: HR for example. Fully game-themeable is another option, but that's probably overkill.
Quoting: CybolicFully game-themeable is another option, but that's probably overkill.
Keyboard themes can be bought using the Steam Points shop. Steam points also serve to buy backgrounds, emotes and avatars by game. So indeed it might be feasible for each game to create a custom full theme and sell it in the near future. (hopefully)
2 Likes, Who?
See more from me