It's not just the Steam Deck that is getting upgrades, as Valve are also tweaking the main Steam client with a fresh Beta release out now. This one actually does fix some pretty annoying issues, some of which should really make things easier.
Here's what's new:
- Fixed sync error for games which have converted Cloud-saved files into directories
- Fixed Cloud sync for some games with slightly malformed cross-platform Steam Cloud sync settings
- Fixed an issue where updating graphics drivers would re-download media pre-caching files
- Added home and mounted drive paths to the file picker quick bar
- Fixed the file picker extension filters not appearing when selecting Library custom art
- Added the ability for the file picker to remember the previous location when selecting Library custom art
- Fixed adding non-Steam shortcuts with spaces in the path
Nice to see Valve finally pay some attention to the file picker, as that was left as extremely basic for so long. With the Steam Deck though, people are doing a lot with desktop mode with adding third-party software, so a lot of this was needed there too. Should just make doing that a smoother process. Good to see Valve really paying attention to every part of Steam lately.