The community-built Steam Deck Plugin Loader continues to mature, with version 1.1.0 out now fixing some issues.
With this installed onto your Steam Deck, you will be able to load it up with whatever Plugins the community can come up with like a classic Big Picture Mode or a Calculator. No doubt plenty more plugins will be appearing over the next few weeks and months once the project improves more.
Here's what's new in Plugin Loader version 1.1.0
- The loader now automatically reinjects itself into Steam when Steam gets restarted
- This means the loader now properly starts up again when switching back from Desktop Mode and also is more reliable when rebooting the Deck
- Plugin Tiles are now isolated in their own iframes
- Plugins now all live in their own folder
- This allows separating python backend code from UI code, bundling extra dependencies and so on
- The menu title now gets changed from
Pluginsto the name of the current Plugin when one gets loaded
- Fixed first plugin button being smaller than the rest of them
Absolutely loving seeing all the community additions coming along to the Steam Deck, showing the power of what open source can do without a walled garden.