Valve released another set of Steam Deck upgrades and it includes updates for both the Stable and Beta branches.
For the Stable update, there's a few fixes and some new additions. Here's what's new:
- Added pinned notifications to the Quick Access Menu for friend requests and comments
- Added two new notifications: Steam gift received and Item received
- Added "View Mutual Friends" to invites page
- Minor updates to localized keyboard themes
- Fixed issue where controller input goes to the remote computer while the on-screen keyboard is up during Remote Play
- Fixed issue where the left trackpad pressure could be unresponsive in the Deck UI after launching a game
- Fixed issue where games with no action sets crashing on launch
- Fixed a case where a game library would appear as locked if the lender is in Offline mode
On top of that, the Beta update was improved to "cause less black screen time when changing refresh rate". Currently, when you swap the refresh rate the screen will momentarily turn black so they're working to reduce that happening. Their previous Beta post was updated to note it.
Additionally, open source consulting firm Collabora recently announced that the Steam Deck has become a conformant Bluetooth A2DP audio product thanks to the work done in PipeWire and WirePlumber.