Do you love pixel art and survival horror? Have a look at Lamentum from Obscure Tales and Neon Doctrine, as they have just released an official Native Linux build. The game is also currently Steam Deck Verified!
Lamentum was actually funded thanks to people on Kickstarter back in 2019, with a Steam release back in August 2021.
Set in New England in the mid-nineteenth century, you guide Victor Hartwell, a young aristocrat on a desperate journey to cure the deadly disease that afflicts his beloved wife, Alissa. Their last hope resides in the darkened halls of Grau Hill Mansion whose Earl has uncovered ancient secrets and forgotten sciences.
- Detailed pixel art combined with actual light and shadow technology.
- An adventure with different endings depending on the decisions we make.
- Large number of characters with different motivations.
- Multiple enemies and terrifying bosses.
- Fight or hide. Choose the best way to survive.
- A labyrinthine mansion to explore along with unique outdoor areas.
- Large amount of weapons and objects.
- A nightmare plot, dark and twisted, aimed at an adult audience.
- Variable climatology.
Available to buy on Steam.