Five Stages of Pink is a horror mystery adventure presented in a visual novel / interactive fiction form and it actually looks pretty great. The developer also just put up a Native Linux version if that interests you. The first part is also free, with another part due out sometime soon.
About the game: "Follow the overwhelming life of Timor who desperately tries to find some Normalcy in a very supernatural city where the color pink is forbidden because of its dark history. Timor is a teenager and teenagers suffer from high curiosity. You will help him elucidate Septeek city's many hidden mysteries and dark past while trying to not get kidnapped (and killed?) a third time because of reasons he doesn't even know (yet)."
- A 'Complete your Journal' task that encourages the player to investigate everything about the characters and the mysteries around them.
- A very large cast of +20 main characters with rich stories.
- Deep family dramas and friendship struggles.
- But also lots of wholesome family and friendship love.
- Freedom time in the day where the player can move around in the vast choices of settings and choose with who or what to interact with.
- Meaning : multiple side story tangents but following one big main plot.