CorsixTH is the absolute best way to play the classic Theme Hospital on any modern system and version 0.66 is now out.
While there's the newer Two Point Hospital from some of the original team, you're simply never going to beat Theme Hospital in my heart since not only is nostalgia at play but it remains a highly enjoyable sim thanks to it being such a great game at the time. CorsixTH keeping it a live with plenty of enhancements helps too of course.
Some of what's new in v0.66-beta1 includes:
- Direct Zoom has been improved and is now enabled by default
- Nurses can now leave the ward without disturbing her patients
- Patients with Serious Radiation now glow a beautiful shade of green
- Patients with Jellyitis now wobble wobble wobble
- The Hotkeys menu has been overhauled to make it easier to use
- You can now reset your zoom level by pressing '0'
- A new fax code cheat has been added!
- The replace machine prompt will now tell you the new strength before purchase (can be disabled in configuration settings)
- A machine's dynamic info will tell you the strength a machine can be upgraded to if you replaced it (can be disabled in configuration settings)
- Improved pee and vomit conditions
- Patients will no longer queue for reception until nearby
- The Adviser will no longer queue repetitive messages
- Dropdown menus will now close when clicked outside of
- Non-visual diseases can now be delayed in the level config of a custom game
Plus the usual assorted bug fixes. It's mostly the same as the Beta release I covered back in May, plus a few additional fixes that were discovered during testing. Not many changelogs will give you the likes of improved peeing and vomiting but here we are, what a gem.