Lord Winklebottom Investigates is an upcoming adventure from UK-based developer Cave Monsters, and they've recently confirmed it will release on July 28th. This game will be coming along with full Native Linux support too.
Taking inspiration from British literature icons such as Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes, Lord Winklebottom and his tea-drinking hippo companion Dr. Frumple will enjoy a journey full of intrigue and secrets that will apparently keep mystery fans gripped. The developer said it's a game with plenty of heart, featuring a script and setting full of bizarre characters and humour that wouldn’t be out of place in a Monty Python or Blackadder sketch.
Funded thanks to a Kickstarter campaign it's set in the 1920s where the world’s foremost detective is about to embark on his most challenging case yet. Set on an isolated island where there's a grisly murder, it's a race against time to track down the killer.
- Full English voice acting.
- An original 1920s inspired soundtrack featuring live instruments.
- Play as a gentleman giraffe!
- Unique 2D hand painted artwork.
- Animals of all shapes and sizes!
- Streamlined point and click interface.
- Collection of bizarre characters to interrogate!
- Dozens of puzzles to solve!
You can follow it on Steam.