Molegato and Top Hat Studios have announced today their the 3D platformer Frogun will be releasing with Native Linux support on August 2nd.
Frogun follows the story of Renata, who is left at a base camp by her parents who go off exploring when they mysteriously disappear and so Renata must set out on a rescue mission with the help of their latest invention – the Frogun, an intelligent, frog-shaped grappling tool. From what we've been told the game will be rich in depth, full of collectables, challenges, and it features vibrant pixel graphics. You'll be adventuring and platforming through mystical jungle ruins, dark depths, freezing snow caps and scorching lava swamps where you'll hunt for treasure, dodge perilous hazards, fight enemies and challenging bosses along the way.
Of course there will be various secrets to find, collectibles, achievements and unlockable cosmetics for collectors who wish to go 100% there will even be a special time-trials mode when you finish the game.
- Explore colorful levels full of crispy pixelated ruins, freezing snow caps, and scorching lava swamps in a modern representation of the classic 90s 3D platformer aesthetic
- From levers to buttons, lethal traps, and adorable enemies, there are countless ways to use your Frogun to navigate the world
- Race across levels against Renata's rival and take on the challenge of huge bosses
- Find secret areas and shortcuts by mastering the grappling mechanics
- Collect emblems by fulfilling level challenges
- Visit the hatter to trade your coins for hats, bestiary entries, behind-the-scenes looks at concept art, and more
- Unlock 2-player duel arenas to challenge your friends
- Over 30 achievements available on all platforms
- A posable photo mode to show off your creativity!