The Discovery Queue is a feature that many people probably miss or just don't use. I use it from time to time but it was a little basic. Valve has put live the next Steam Labs experiment to overhaul Discovery Queue.
With the Discovery Queue the idea is that Valve picks a bunch of games based on your interests, then you click through to see if something grabs you. It is a wonderful idea but it definitely was in need of a facelift for sure.
Some of the highlights of their changes include:
- Launch into the queue without leaving the page you are on
- Simplified presentation of key details about each game to give you a taste of what that game is about
- See why each game is being recommended specifically to you; maybe it's because you have friends who play it, or it's similar to other games you play, for example
- Add a game to your wishlist with the click of a button or view the game's full store page for a more in-depth view
- Ignore games that just aren't your jam. We'll make sure to hide them in the future.
They also plan to add in future a new display on the Steam homepage, the ability to launch it from any store page, layout optimizations for different screen sizes and full support for the Steam Deck gamepad UI too.