MangoHud is a great performance overlay for Linux, one that's used on the Steam Deck too and GOverlay helps you configure it really easily. A new release is out with GOverlay 0.9. The developer mentioned this release was due for a while but they ended up catching COVID, lost access to their GitHub and more but it's here now.
GOverlay isn't just for MangoHud though, it can also help you set up the vulkan post processing layer vkBasalt and the quick video replay tool ReplaySorcery too.
Here's what's new in version 0.9:
- NEW: Mangohud - Added frame_count option to display the number of frames since start
- NEW: Mangohud - Added GPU throttling option to show if GPU is throttling based on Power, current, temp or "other" (Only shows if throttling is currently happening)
- NEW: Mangohud - Selected quick layout button will keep the active color
- NEW: Mangohud - Added Option to run vkcube with Gamescope in the Hamburguer menu
- FIX: Removed Breeze theme dependency/style. GUI will use the current system theme but it is optimised for Breeze (QT) and Adwaita (GTK) themes.
- FIX: Mangohud - Driverversion wasn't selected on the complete quick layout
- FIX: Mangohud - Displayed Kernelversion will update automatically now (not attached to a text file anymore)
- FIX: Mangohud - Notifications didn't expire, now they are transient
- FIX: VKbasalt - Changed menu icon to standart hamburguer menu
- FIX: Vkbasalt , replaysorcery - Display wrong hint message from the mangohud toolbox
You can download from GitHub.