Black Tabby Games have just announced Slay the Princess. It's a choice-driven psychological horror visual novel / dating sim with dramatic branching, light RPG elements and hand-penciled art. This is the same developer who created Scarlet Hollow, a popular episodic visual novel.
I found Scarlet Hollow to be pretty great so it's nice to see the developer do more, and with Native Linux support again. See the new reveal trailer below:
- A princess. She's very bad and you have to get rid of her for all our sakes.
- No, the Princess isn't a cosmic horror. She's just an ordinary human Princess, and you can definitely slay her as long as you put your mind to it.
- Don't even think about trying to romance her. It won't end well for you.
- Hopefully you won't die. But if you do, you'll die a lot. Be careful and stay focused on the task at hand!
- Time loops No time loops. Don't be ridiculous. Time is a strictly linear concept and it certainly doesn't "loop," whatever that's supposed to mean.
- A branching narrative where what you say and what you believe determines both your build and how the story unfolds.
- A new roleplaying experience from the creators of Scarlet Hollow.
- Fully voice-acted by the impeccable Jonathan Sims and Nichole Goodnight.
You can follow it on Steam.