Pokete is a game we introduced you too recently that's inspired by Pokémon but you play it in a terminal. A new release is out bringing some nice advancements.
A big one for version 0.8.0 is the addition of audio and it's suitably retro and fits right in with the theme too. Really helps bring the game to life just that little bit more. Easy to run too, with an AppImage included with the release that you can just drop into a terminal and get going.
Here's the highlights from the release:
- Added audio
- Removed pynput as a dependency on windows
- A lot of spelling and grammar fixes
- Fixed Poketes not beeing freeable
- Added some game ballancing
- Trainers can now obtain more than one Pokete
- Made run away random
- Added remappable controls
- Save location is now based on XDG dirs, no intervention needed
- Added quick attacks using
yzcvso the attackamenu can be skipped
You can grab it free from GitHub.