Good news web slingers, as Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered from Insomniac Games and Nixxes Software has been Steam Deck Verified ahead of the upcoming release. This is the upgraded version of the previously PlayStation exclusive, that launches on Steam on August 12th.
Insomniac Games shared the news on their official Twitter account today, so either they've been testing directly or someone lucky at Valve got to swing around for a while. Really great to see even more developers, especially bigger ones like this get in their early on their games!
- Be Greater - When iconic Marvel villains threaten Marvel’s New York, Peter Parker and Spider-Man’s worlds collide. To save the city and those he loves, he must rise up and be greater.
- Feel like Spider-Man - After eight years behind the mask, Peter Parker is a crime-fighting master. Feel the full power of a more experienced Spider-Man with improvisational combat, dynamic acrobatics, fluid urban traversal and environmental interactions.
- Worlds collide - The worlds of Peter Parker and Spider-Man collide in an original action-packed story. In this new Spider-Man universe, iconic characters from Peter and Spider-Man’s lives have been reimagined, placing familiar characters in unique roles.
- Marvel’s New York is your playground - The Big Apple comes to life in Marvel’s Spider-Man. Swing through vibrant neighborhoods and catch breathtaking views of iconic Marvel and Manhattan landmarks. Use the environment to defeat villains with epic takedowns in true blockbuster action.
- Enjoy The City That Never Sleeps complete content - Following the events of the main story of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, experience the continuation of Peter Parker’s journey in Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps, three story chapters with additional missions and challenges to discover.
I have a copy ready, so I'll be for sure taking a look at release.