Godot Engine, the free and open source full game development engine has a big new release available with version 3.5. This is not the version that comes with Vulkan and the big rendering overhaul, that's coming in Godot 4 which is due for a proper Release Candidate sometime soon.
Godot 3.5 brings with it 9 months of development on new features and bug fixes
- A fully overhauled navigation system
- Physics interpolation in 3D
- A lot more powerful and flexible Tween system
- Long awaited Label3D node out of the box to display text in 3D scenes
- Accessing nodes by unique names
- Asynchronous shader compilation + caching
- A more adaptable and easy way to add basic occlusion culling
- + Lots more
For this release they teamed up with the great people of GDQuest to show it all off:
Wonderful to see Godot Engine advance so much, it's quickly becoming one of the absolute best game engines around and since it's free and open source the rug cannot be pulled from beneath the feet of developers. I do hope more teams take a look at it, especially with the top Linux support it offers for both development and game exports.