Spider-Man Remastered is an absolutely awesome game and it's great on both Steam Deck and Linux desktop! A new patch is out with plenty of fixes. This Deck Verified title has no doubt been sucking away plenty of your time right?
With version 1.824.1.0 they have enabled Gyro Aiming on Steam Deck for Black Cat Stakeouts and interactable objects, along with various UI fixes across the whole game for Steam Deck too. It really is nice to see so many developers paying attention, shows they care about the player experience.
Some of the other additions include:
- Added sharpness sliders for NVIDIA DLSS and AMD FSR 2.0 upscaling.
- Added a sharpness slider that controls in-game sharpness.
- Added an option to force the aspect ratio to 32:9, 21:9, etc.
- Finetuned the spawn rates for Crowd and Traffic Density settings, to better reflect various modes.
- Implemented a fix for a bug that turned objects into spiked distorted geometry.
- Fixed white artifacts appearing around buildings while swinging through the city.
- Fixed various ray-tracing related crashes, including a crash that would occur when enabling ray-tracing on PCs with Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs.
- Various visual fixes related to ray-tracing on the Very High Geometry Detail setting.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some players from progressing in the Spider-Hack mission.
- Fixed black blobs and sparkling pixel artifacts on characters when using Dynamic Resolution Scaling in combination with AMD Radeon GPUs.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the game from launching when the installation folder contained non-Latin characters.
- Improved field of view and cinematic blur transitions.
- Improved error handling when Controlled Folder Access prevents the launch of the game.
- Various visual fixes related to ultrawide aspect ratios and multi monitor setups.
- Various fixes related to mouse and keyboard controls.
- Stability fixes related to Dynamic Resolution Scaling in combination with AMD Radeon GPUs.
- Various stability fixes and improved logging.
You can see my original video of it on Steam Deck below:
There's also a few livestream VODs of Spider-Man on Steam Deck you can see on our YouTube Channel.