Valve has put out an update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive that not only makes it startup faster but improves Steam Input handling on Steam Deck too.
While competitive CSGO is likely not something you want to do on the Steam Deck, it still runs reasonably well. Although, this update might change your mind about playing it on Deck as they've updated Steam Input to support using mouse and keyboard input on Steam Deck!
They also improved game startup I/O to reduce launch time, improved the user interface flow when cycling through weapon case items in Agent View, fixed an incorrect inventory limit warning shown to users with many items in Storage Units and fixed an exploit that would allow the player’s camera to become detached from their eye position.
On top of that there's quite a few map adjustments you can see below:
– Added a hip cover on the plateau near B main.
– Clipped the large stone cover on CT mid for smoother movement.
– Added a scaffolding on A catwalk to prevent the boost through the window to T stair at the canal. (Thanks poseidonskiy rofls).
– Allowed players to silently drop down from A long.
– Fixed stones colliding with the tarp on A catwalk.
– Removed stone at A sewer.
– Aligned floating pillar on A with the floor.
– Removed left-over clips on A main. (Thanks Hentie!).
– Removed clips on the stairs that bounce off grenades (Thanks Guidetti & dr!zzle).
– Clipping improvements (Thanks dr!zzle!).
– Cleaned up clipping under the bridge (Thanks Fnugz for your sacrifice).
– Fixed pixelwalk on window frame (thanks Kerr).
– Increased C4 explosion radius.
– Fixed various visual bugs.
– Added back a few visual details; ToOpenGL fix shouldn’t be affected; FPS sacrifice is minimal.
– Angled ladder in lower main; gives cover to Ts and worsens it as a camping spot for CTs.
– Clipping fixes.
– Removed self-boost in upper main near the bridge.
– Renamed Crater to Water Tower.
– A new water tower has been erected at Water Tower.
– Changed doors used throughout the map.
– Added sounds when doors are opened and closed.
– Gave cannons a new particle effect when firing.
– Fixed situation where cannonball may not damage players.
– Actually fixed cannons icon this time.
– Fixed weapon crate ammo spawning in floor near Apartments.
– Fixed lots of minor bugs (thanks Joaokaka1998).