Double Eleven and Paradox Interactive just announced a new free update coming to Prison Architect named 'Free for life'. The update will release on September 12th. Sounds like it's going to be quite a useful update too, although it doesn't really contain anything huge it's still a few welcome additions for this 7 year old game (yes it's really that old).
Here's what they've said will be in the new update:
Prisoner Log and improved Scheduler
- Always be aware of what's happening in your prison with the new Prisoner Log. Check your inmates’ activities, uncover misconducts ahead of time and keep track of who gets released, reformed, or reoffended. We also improved the game’s Scheduler, adding new options and settings in the palm of your hand.
Save and Reuse
- Whenever you create a new prison, a new policy, or a quick build, you’ll be able to save them in your Preferences. Save time setting up your prison next time you wish to start afresh!
Aging is caring
- Now inmates are divided into Young, Senior and Elderly. After spending an extended period of time in your prison, they will change both visually and functionally. They will also develop different needs compared to younger inmates.
New Guards ranks
- Hired guards will now arrive at your prison unranked and will need to work hard to get promoted to Officer and Specialist Officer. Their commitment will be paid off though, as each increase in rank will provide additional perks.
Improved building and planning tools
- The planning menu is getting renewed with lots of new options for fences and walls. Moreover, when “drawing” your walls and using construction options, you’ll see a new cursor-based tooltip stating the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the room, along with the planned cost for the currently drawn selection.
Nice to see them continue to improve it after acquiring the rights from Introversion back in early 2019.