The open source Heroic Games Launcher for running Epic Games and GOG has another important bug-fix release now available.
Version 2.4.3 continues the fixing from the last version, to deal with Epic Games changing things behind the scenes so this should get everything working again for Linux and Steam Deck.
Here's what's new:
- Fixed games from Epic games not downloading due to HTTP Error. It seems Epic broke something on their side again.
- Fixed long issue with GOG games getting progress stuck while the game was being downloaded.
- Fix some errors on Windows that was making Heroic to break on start on some machines.
- Adds 7 new languages: Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarussian, Bosnian, Romanian, Norwergian Bokmål and Slovak.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
Hopefully Epic won't continually change their API, as it will become quite a nuisance for both users and the Heroic developers to keep fixing it up. As mentioned previously though, it's a reminder that sticking to Steam (and legit Steam Key stores) is likely your best bet for Linux and the Steam Deck.