Valve are continuing to roll out big changes to the brand new Steam Mobile App, which is currently in Beta. This will eventually replace the older app, which has been left in the dust for too long.
New features just added a few days ago:
- Remote Downloads - Added support for remotely downloading items in your library to an active Steam client.
- Authorized Devices List - Added support for viewing your authorized devices and selectively revoking access.
- Tab customization - Added the ability to customize your main tabs via Settings. Note: with this update your "Home Screen" setting will be reset.
- Tablet view - Improvements to the UI across the app for devices with larger screens such as tablets.
Plus these other improvements:
- Added new app splash screen.
- Fixed some cases where web settings and preferences would be forgotten.
- Fixed bug where tapping bottom tab item for a screen with web content would not correctly take you back to the root webpage for that screen.
- Improved navigation upon tapping a wishlist or comment notification.
- Performance and UX improvements for the notifications screen.
- Fixed bug where the new notifications badge could be shown incorrectly.
- Fixed bug where time formats were not always matching the user's preferred locale.
- Fixed visual jitter in app header that would sometimes happen when switching screens.
- Increased tappable area for the cart and back buttons in the store web header.
- Performance improvements for areas of the app where we were displaying blurred content.
They just recently opened up more iOS slots too, so I was able to jump in and take a look so here's a few shots of it.
So far it does seem like a big improvement over the original. It looks better, it's faster and it has most of what you need right there except Steam Chat.