Girl Genius: Adventures In Castle Heterodyne, the upcoming action-adventure from Rain Games (Teslagrad / World to the West) now has a new trailer to finally show it off a bit more. This was crowdfunded on Kickstarter back in 2020, so we've been waiting a while to see how it's been coming along.
"Discover the award winning, gaslamp fantasy world of “Girl Genius™”, experiencing Agatha Heterodyne’s story, as she navigates the hostile hallways, catacombs and kitchens of her ancestral home, Castle Heterodyne"
New trailer below:
- Build tools like the Grapple Gun and the Wrencherang at the Workbench, and use your tools to explore and solve the castle’s challenges.
- Discover numerous sights and secrets, by being perceptive and using your tools to the fullest.
- Defeat foes in furious melee combat or with explosive gadgets, and utilize the environment to your advantage using your tools.
- Use your trusty Dingbot minion to explore places Agatha can’t get to, by digging underground and moving in tight spaces.
- Use the Dingbot to solve lock puzzles, and operate the internal machinery in the castle.
- As Agatha’s power over the castle grows, command the castle AI to release traps at your foes, and activate mechanisms.
- Use the unique “Build System”, rebuilding scrap traps into objects like the Springclank, Grappleclank and the special Rollerclank, giving the player a suite of tools for creative spatial puzzle solving.
- Interact with several of the fantastic characters from “Girl Genius™”, like Gilgamesh Wulfenbach, Tarvek Sturmvoraus and many others.
It's planned to release sometime in 2023 with full Native Linux support. You can follow it on Steam.