There's a new Steam Deck Client Beta update available and with it comes some much needed improvements to the on-screen keyboard. Want to try it out? Head to the Settings > System and select either Beta or Preview from the Steam Update Channel dropdown box.
Here's what's new:
- Improved the responsiveness of On-Screen Keyboard
- Fixed missing keystrokes when touch typing on the On-Screen Keyboard in desktop mode
- Fixed the in-game On-Screen Keyboard text entry dialog sometimes having buttons cut off
- Fixed issue where command settings would not save
- Fixed an issue where Mouse Edge Spin would be more sensitive on the left-side of the trackpad than the right
- Fixed crashing issue when streaming from one Steam Deck to another
Testing out the typing in desktop mode myself this morning and yup — the on-screen keyboard typing accuracy seems to be vastly improved and works properly now.