Inspired by classic hack and slashers like Diablo and turn-based RPGs like Tales of Maj'Eyal or Stoneshard, we have the new open-world RPG coming Of Blades & Tails. Planned to enter Early Access on October 19th, this will feature Native Linux support and it looks great.
"A turn-based RPG that is action-oriented but rewards a thoughtful approach. Discover a fantastic land populated by different animal tribes. You play Reik, a clever member of the tribe of foxes. A chain of unfortunate events involves you in a quest of vital importance to all the peace-loving creatures of the realm. You will have to leave your home village and explore the world to become strong enough to stand up to evil. (In other words: There will be a main storyline but it's still in the making!)"
- Turn-based Combat that allows for quick action or strategic planning.
- An Open World with lots of places to discover.
- A fresh, animalistic setting in a vibrant pixel art look.
- Procedural generated dungeons and caves.
- A Main Storyline and various side quests.
- Classless Character Development with many abilities to unlock.
- Equipment of different qualities and Unique Items with special powers.
- Hunt giant bugs or gather herbs and other useful resources.
- Many Enemy Types with different skills that may require tactical decisions.
- Join factions to gain access to even more refined skills and equipment.
- Trade with rats and other profit-seeking animals.
- ... and more to come!