Want another way to transfer files from a PC (Linux / Windows) over to a Steam Deck? Here's how to do it using the FileZilla FTP application. I've already covered the use of tools like Warpinator and Syncthing and both are great, however not everyone gets along with them and this way is pretty much bulletproof with a tiny bit of a setup.
First up here's the video and below will be the text guide as usual:
- Download FileZilla. On Linux you can grab it from Flathub.
- In Steam Deck Desktop Mode, set up a password by using "passwd" in terminal.
- Next enable and start SSH with these commands in terminal:
sudo systemctl enable sshd
sudo systemctl start sshd
- Find the IP address of your Steam Deck. Click the WiFi / Networking icon, then go into details and it will be at the top of the list and may start something like 192. Make a note of this IP.
- Load up FileZilla, entering the details into the top bar. The username will be "deck" and the port is "22".
- Click Quickconnect.
Done, you're ready to get transferring files.