This means you can control the Steam Deck gamepad, Steam Controller, PlayStation, 8bitdo and many others without the need for Steam Input — for whatever reason you can think of.
While it's a pre-release meaning it needs more testing, it does appear to work quite nicely including flawless switching between SC Controller handling inputs and turning it off to see Steam Input then take over again. I've no doubt plenty of people will make use of this.
The app features:
- Allows to setup, configure and use Steam Controller(s) (and others) without ever launching Steam
- Supports profiles switchable in GUI or with controller button
- Stick, Pads and Gyroscope input
- Haptic Feedback and in-game Rumble support
- OSD, Menus, On-Screen Keyboard for desktop and in games.
- Automatic profile switching based on active window.
- Macros, button cycling, rapid fire, modeshift, mouse regions...
- Emulates Xbox360 controller, mouse, trackball and keyboard.