Available in the Beta and Preview channels:
External display settings
- Keep track of refresh rate and FPS limit settings independently for internal and external displays.
- Disable refresh rate switching via the quick access menu for external displays by default. Alternative refresh rates are still accessible via the resolution dropdown in Settings->Display.
- Added a toggle to developer settings to re-enable refresh rate switching in the quick access menu for external displays. Please note that the Steam Deck’s built-in display was validated to support the full range of refresh rates available in the slider, but for arbitrary external displays we can't provide a guarantee that the resolution + refresh rate combination will be functional. This can lead to a scenario where the external display doesn’t display an image, so there isn’t an easy way to undo the change. Here be dragons, we don't recommend turning this setting on.
- Performance improvements when rendering the homescreen.
- Fixed a crash when loading some SteamInput configs.
- Reduced occurrence of double-activations on Soft Press on Touch Pads and Sticks.
Also available only in the Preview channel as it's an OS upgrade:
- Fixed a crash in Red Dead Redemption 2
- Improved external display hot-plug detection
Here's a run over the changes and a quick look in a video. For this I tested a good while of Red Dead Redemption 2 to ensure it really was fixed and not only does it run smoothly, there's no crashing now either.