Fresh out the oven, Valve has put up a new Steam Deck Client Beta that tweaks how some notifications are accessed. This update is available in the Beta and Preview channels: you can opt into this in Settings > System > Steam Update Channel.
Here's what's changed:
- The Quick Access Menu will now open to the notifications tab when you have new friend chat messages, game invites, or voice chat invites
- Notifications for Game Invites in the Quick Access Menu now have an option in the footer to accept them without having to navigate to the chat window
- Fixed an issue where Steam group chats with long names or descriptions could cause break the layout of the chat screen
- Increase boot animation max length from 10 seconds to 30 seconds
- Added controller-specific glyphs on the Lock screen
- Fixed an issue on the Lock screen where you'd have to dismiss the On-Screen Keyboard manually if you slept the device while it was up
- Fixed invoking the On-Screen-Keyboard while already in a fullscreen keyboard input scenario causing bad behavior.
- Fixed an issue with editing command settings from inside the virtual menu screen
I've no doubt many will appreciate the max length change to boot animations, considering there's so many great videos being showcased. Now there's even an easy to use app to download and install them.