Yet another release of fheroes2 is here, keeping the classic Heroes of Might and Magic II alive with a modern recreated game engine and it's just simply great.
This is the power of open source, bringing a classic back to more platforms (like Linux), along with improving it for modern audiences. Overall it has significant improvements in gameplay, graphics and logic (including support for high-resolution graphics, improved AI, numerous fixes and user interface improvements).
Version 0.9.20 was released recently with these highlights:
- AI logic was greatly improved, including fixes for incorrect behavior and related game's logic to population growth.
- Expanded the list of translation with Turkish, Dutch and Romanian translations together with updating existing languages.
- Added new button's font to support new as well as add translation for existing buttons in the game.
- Add new proper icons for Petrification spell.
- Add Handicap mode not only for multiplayer games but for single-player as well.
- Over 30 bugs are fixed since 0.9.19 release.