Love your quirky little action-adventures? Scrabdackle should be something for you to take a look at and there's a big update to the demo for you to try.
What is it? Scrabdackle is a hand-drawn action/adventure game about going exploring, with non-linear progression and a unique mix of skill-based challenge and accessible gameplay. It features a vast, intricate overworld, tight and responsive combat, cheeky banter, and pages of lore to discover – all under a coat of playful charm. Funded on Kickstarter, the full release is due out in 2023 sometime.
Original demo trailer:
Highlights of the new demo update include:
- A new region, with its own soundtrack and unique environment.
- 4 new enemies.
- 1 new miniboss.
- Several new unique NPCs and landmarks.
- 14 new lore entries.
- Many new challenges, quests, and collectibles.
- A new spell to learn.
- 4,000 words of dialogue.
- A new type of challenge/obstacle I'll let you discover for yourself...
- A new lighting system has been added to make caves dark and dim areas more atmospheric.
- A few older music tracks have been updated with a fresh coat of aural paint.
- A huge variety of bugfixes are in place!
Give it a go on Steam. Available with Native Linux support.