Available in the Beta and Preview channels, Valve has released a new Steam Deck Client Update with a few useful little fixes. You can opt into this in Settings > System > Steam Update Channel.
Here's what's changed:
- Fixed some instances were focus was lost
- More improvements to reduce login time for users with large libraries
- Fixed issue where spotlighted games in the Whats New section could not be interacted with
- Fixed some issues with trackpad typing
- Updated Steam Controller LB and RB button images
- Fixed Main Menu not adjusting size/position when adjusting UI scale
- Fixed recently exported Controller Layout Templates not showing up in the Layout Browser
- Fixed issue with sign in refresh UI when the user had already signed in once during the current session
I do find the initial login is still a little sluggish myself, with over 2,000 games it gets me into the Home screen fine but it's not very responsive still for a few more seconds. Hopefully they will keep at it.
Hopefully we shall soon hear more about SteamOS 3.4, as I'm exciting for all the software updates that will come along with it like a much improved version of KDE Plasma for desktop mode. What are you looking forward to?
Update — an additional Deck Client Beta went out today (November 3rd), here's what changed:
- Fixed issue where the re-order controllers dialog stopped working from the Quick Access menu.
- Fixed issue in Desktop mode where the Steam Library was not loading properly.
- Fixed issue where launching a game would take longer to start if there was no network connection.
- Fix issue starting any game with multiple Launch Options.