Combining elements and being inspired by the likes of FTL and Total War, Winter Falling: Battle Tactics is a pretty unique strategy game. It released recently into Early Access and it has Native Linux support.
Something I covered briefly back in 2020, the free prototype can still be played on itch.io so you can get a feel for it but the new Steam release is much expanded and the developer said they plan to keep it in Early Access until at least 2024. It's a bit of an odd strategy game to describe that's a bit like an icon-view of Total War battles but with resource management too. A small and tightly designed strategy game that's worth a look if you love smaller experiences that somehow still feel grand overall.
Have a look at the trailer below:
- COMMAND your army in battles: Battles play out in real time, but you can play at your own speed, just pause and ponder.
- Plan your STRATEGY outside battles: Manage your army on the world map. Will your troops be well-fed? Will you loot cities to fill your chest?
- Craft YOUR BATTLES: Use the in-game map editor to create your own battles, share them easily with a copy-paste!
- MODDING Support: Create your own units, your own weapons, your own races!
- Inspired by the CLASSICS: Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat, FTL, Total War.
Available on Steam.