M2H and BlackMill Games have released another update to the WW1 shooter Isonzo, this time it's better news for the Native Linux version.
Along with their continued updates improving various parts of the game, as it did launch in a bit of a buggy state, although enjoyable they mentioned "Linux performance improvements" were part of this patch so if you're sticking with the Native Linux build you might have a better time now.
Since I last tried it, I have some other good news. They seem to have fixed shadows on the Native Linux build on NVIDIA GPUs too so everything isn't blindingly bright.
It does indeed seem to perform quite a bit better too!
The full patch notes are below:
New and improved:
- Improved animations for the Fiat Revelli
- New first person bashing animation variants for pistols
- New first person stabbing animation variants for bayonets
- Improved speed and animation timing for melee attacks in first person
- Player is now slightly higher in first person
- Split Player tags and World tags visibility settings
- Improvements to mortar aiming visibility
- Improved info panels for mortar and overview map
- Linux performance improvements
- Fixed players sometimes appearing like they are from the wrong team and therefore could be killed by teammates
- Bots no longer use Static weapons if enemies are too far away
- Headgear no longer clips through the gas mask
- Fixed Villar Perosa sound or muzzle flash sometimes missing in third person
- Fixed LMGs continuing to auto-fire while crawling
- Fixed full-auto firing animations not always playing in sync with fire rate
- Fixed animation snapping at the end of bayonet stab and revolver bash
- Fix for field guns animation snapping when first deploying to one on a slope
- Fixed fingers clipping through binoculars when looking through them
- Fixed Werndl cocking bone not setting when interrupting reloads
- Fixed bridge explosions replaying after switching graphics settings
- Corrected size of some pistols and flareguns
- Fixed Allow voice chat option not resetting to default
- Fixed incorrect names for Gorizia and Sabotino Capzones
- Sector outlines are now red when in cooldown
- Wrong marksman perk localization for some languages
- Ghost players
- Voice keybinds are sometimes not remembered on the spawn map