Valve has rolled out a small stable Steam Deck Client update, mainly focused on fixing up the New Big Picture Mode. This is where you actually run it in desktop mode, with the "-gamepadui" launch setting.
Here's what's changed:
- Fixed Steam desktop client browser scaling changing when New Big Picture Mode keyboard or controller configurator are opened
New Big Picture Mode
- Added new startup movie for Big Picture Mode
- Fixed issue with Desktop version of Remote Play Together dialogs being displayed while in Big Picture Mode
- Re-worked "Gifts Pending" page to be gamepad navigable
- Fixed trackpad typing scale in standalone keyboard in Desktop mode
- Fixed issue where the Main Menu was visible after exiting, then re-entering Big Picture Mode
- Fixed standalone controller configurator showing at the incorrect browser scale
- Stopped showing Steam Deck interstitial screens when in Desktop mode
- Fixed issue with the touch binding in As Mouse mode releasing before the end of a swipe
Since it's a stable update, you should see it across Stable, Beta and Preview.
What's your current #1 fix or improvement you want to see in the Steam Deck software?