Mistlands is finally here! Well, sort-of. Valheim has a new public test available to opt-in on Steam with Mistlands, so you can try it before it's fully ready for everyone. One of the biggest updates to Valheim since release, and an upgrade their player community has been eager to see. Easily one of the best Native Linux games available, and it's Steam Deck Verified too.
Here's the new trailer:
The non-spoiler version of what's new includes:
New biome – Mistlands:
- New mechanics.
- 9 new creatures + Mistlands boss.
- More than 20 new crafting materials.
- 2 new crafting stations, 3 crafting station extensions, and 3 other resource/crafting constructions.
- 15 new food items.
- 3 new potions.
- More than 25 new craftable items (weapons, armours & tools).
- More than 35 new building/furniture pieces for building, decorating and defending your base.
- New type of dungeon.
- New lore stones.
- New dreams.
- New music.
- Fishing update.
- 12 new emotes.
- 9 new hairstyles and 7 new beard styles.
Fixes & Improvements:
- Various console command improvements.
- Multiple animations have been updated and improved
- Multiple VFX have been updated and improved
- Various other tweaks