Lumencraft is a really interesting game that blends together elements of tower-defense, base-building, mining and a little Deep Rock Galactic in a top-down view. A big new release is out now and it's Steam Deck Verified with Native Linux support.
Some of the highlights of the new version include:
- Procedural maps: from baked handcrafted maps to 100% procedurally generated roguelike levels!
- New Weapon: Lumenal Discharger - a dramatic armament charged with a lightning beam.
- Balance changes:many costs changed from metal to Lumen, requirements added for some upgrades (eg. have a building placed)
- New Steam achievements: unlock 80 new achievements - some are easy and some are tricky!
- New languages: the game is now available in French, Spanish and Russian.
- Improvements and fixes: various UI, VFX, and sound changes.
I've been loving watching this one grow, it scratches multiple gaming itches at the same time but the lack of variety in the levels was a downside they've now nicely solved so you can play fresh each time. A full release is planned next year, and their roadmap suggests they will add online multiplayer if its enough of a success to fund it.
My main issue with it currently, is that in full-screen it doesn't cover the KDE Plasma menu at the bottom. A little annoying on desktop but not a problem on Steam Deck of course.