Aquamarine has some great artwork but it seems the initial release didn't stick with a lot of people, which hopefully the new free Explorer's Edition upgrade will solve. The developers said they have "listening to our players' comments since the game initially released in January 2022, and have brought their feedback and suggestions to this huge, game-changing update".
- Overall difficulty has been refined and balanced for multiple game modes, including NORMAL, RELAXED, EXPLORE, and EXPERT
- New game mode EXPLORE introduces the option to safely experience the world & story without consequences
- New game mode EXPERT introduces a "hardcore" difficulty option for those looking for a serious test of their survival skills and knowledge of the planet's ecosystem
- A brand-new save system has been added, giving players three individual save slots to load and reset as they wish
- Multiple accessibility options have been added, including an optional tool-tip system that explains the functions of each of control
- New environment art and creature animations have been added to each exploration area
- Localization has been added in English, French, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), and Thai
- Full gamepad support has been added
- Plus tons of bug fixes, polish updates, performance optimizations, and much more...
You can buy it on Steam.