Heroic Games Launcher continues to get cleaned up after the last major update, with v2.5.2 HOTFIX #2 now available. This game manager will help you deal with Epic Games, GOG and you can side-load anything else into it across Linux desktop, Steam Deck, macOS and Windows too.
As we all know, there's no such thing as perfect code and bugs can lurk anywhere, especially when adding in major new features like the last release of Heroic.
Main highlights of this update include:
- [macOS] Added support for game shortcuts (GamePage > 3 dots > Add Shortcut). They will be saved on the Home applications folder by default.
- [Linux/macOS] Added support for DXVK Limit FPS option.
- [macOS] A DMG for ARM64 for M1/M2 is now available to download on Github. (if a message of app being damaged shows up, run this command on the terminal:
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine | mdfind kMDItemCFBundleIdentifier = "*heroic"
- Fix some sideloaded and GOG games not launching from SteamDeck because of a
--skip-version-checkflag being passed.
- Fix tray icon not properly updating the list of recent games
- Fix stuck GOG save games input
- [Linux/macOS] Fixed DXVK Installation
- [macOS] Fix Crossover not being found.
- [Linux] Fix Wine status not updating on Wine Manager after install/uninstall
- [macOS] Fixed Winetricks download URL and environmental variables.
- Some UI fixes
If you're on Steam Deck, be sure to jump into desktop mode and fire up Discover to get the updates. On desktop Linux, you likely know what to do!