Needing a good UI for managing Razer hardware on Linux? RazerGenie is one (of a few) choice, and a big 1.0 release just went out. It can work with Razer devices thanks to the excellent OpenRazer project, which bundles a ton of drivers together to get loads of devices working nicely with all the added extras.
This release came with a "Major backend rewrite with vastly improved support for devices" and these highlights:
- All devices can now open the Custom Editor, even if there's no specific layout available.
- Add various specific layouts to the custom editor (incl. Firefly and some mice).
- Support all LEDs available on newer devices (side LEDs, etc.)
- Support non-standard polling rates.
- Restore current effect and colors on open.
- New translations: Dutch and Russian.
- Various other smaller changes.
It's always nice to see the open source community building apps like this, especially as most hardware vendors like Razer basically ignore Linux.