GE-Proton 7-43, the community-built version of the Proton compatibility layer, is out now and it comes with some useful looking fixes for Steam Deck and Linux desktop gamers.
Here's what's changed:
- import upstream proton changes.
- immortals: fenyx rising now playable (from my testing I did not have any cutscene audio skips or garbled output).
- added launcher skip (again) for baldur's gate 3 -- runs vulkan version by default.
- added fix for gears 5 hang after hitting enter on logo screen.
- added fix for game drive option not being applied properly to elder scrolls online (fixes installation -- still need to hit space at black window).
- added fix for witcher 3 -- no longer crashes on hairworks.
- updated protonfix for fall guys (does not need exe workaround -- thanks rokam).
- update dxvk git.
- update vkd3d git.
- update wine to bleeding edge.
Need to know how to install and use it? See my previous guide for exactly that.