The voting is over and The Steam Awards 2022 winners have been announced, so here's a run over each of them.
- Game of the Year: Elden Ring
- VR Games of the Year: Hitman 3
- Labor of Love: Cyberpunk 2077
- Better with Friends: Raft
- Outstanding Visual Style: Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Most Innovative Gameplay: Stray
- Best game you Suck At: Elden Ring
- Best Soundtrack: Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
- Outstanding Story-rich Game: God of War
- Sit back and Relax: LEGO STAR WARS: The Skywalker Saga
- Best game on the go: Death Stranding Director's Cut
What do you think of the winners of each category? It's a typical popularity contest, with those that have the biggest names and the most screen-time ending up winning. I definitely don't agree with some of them to be sure, although all the winners are arguably good games anyway.
The one that confuses me is Death Stranding Director's Cut for on the go, as the performance across two different Steam Decks for me is not great. Every BT encounter drops it way below 30, as does open world exploration repeatedly dropping it no matter the settings used.
The Steam Winter Sale 2022 is also still on right now too until January 5, 2023 at 10am PST / 6pm UTC. So you can pick up some of those above with a pretty nice discount.