Once again, the changelog is the same across both since both clients now share nearly everything thanks to the desktop client now using the New Big Picture Mode. Given how Steam Input has to handle and support all sorts of controllers, it's no surprise at times some of them could do with improvements. This time around there's quite a few improvements for Nintendo Joycons.
- Reworked the layout of the mode settings page to show more content
- Added upper grips as an option for mode shifts.
- Filtered Mode Shift button options to only show available buttons based on the controller type.
- Fixed chord activator options for XBox and XBox Elite controller types.
- Improved Layout Preview for Nintendo Switch Joycon Left/Right/Pair.
- Fixed Capture button icon not being displayed for Joycon Pair.
- Fixed the Switch Pro Layout Preview not showing the gyro.
- Nintendo Switch SL/SR buttons now show up as Bumpers for single Joycons or Grip buttons for a JoyCon Pair.
- Joycon individual/pair Gyro now displays and functions properly.
Big Picture Mode (on Desktop Mode in Steam Deck)
- Hide the cursor when in gamepad-navigation mode in Big Picture
- Fixed Big Picture Mode keyboard window not exiting when closed.
- Fixed an issue with detecting game windows on Linux
On the subject of Nintendo, don't miss what dbrand recently did.