Another classic free and open source game continues getting better, with the Transport Tycoon Deluxe remake OpenTTD version 13.0 out now. A business sim where you make money by transporting passengers and cargo via road, rail, water, and air.
Only a few months since the last major update, it's nice to see development so active on a quality game! This is also one of the biggest updates they've done for some time.
Here's the highlights of what's new:
- Variable interface scaling at whatever size you want (not just 2x and 4x), with optional chunky bevels for that retro feel. This includes better automatic scaling when using HiDPI or mixed DPI setups.
- Direct access to NewGRF/AI/GS settings from the new game window.
- Various small tweaks and improvements to several windows.
- NewGRFs can now provide engine variants that are shown hierarchically in the purchase list.
- Multi-track level crossings to keep road vehicles from stopping in the middle of the crossing.
- Custom league tables for GameScripts.
- More natural rivers which get wider as they flow downstream.
- And much more including lots of bug fixes.
I'm definitely looking forward to the scaling options, now being on a 1440p monitor.
You can grab it from the official site and Steam.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
Woohoo. And it's not April.
QuoteMulti-track level crossings to keep road vehicles from stopping in the middle of the crossing.Game-changer!
QuoteMore natural rivers which get wider as they flow downstream.Oh, that sounds cools. Obviously there's only so much you can do with a grid, but more natural-looking rivers would help with the immersion.
See more from me