Love the old first-person stealth game Thief? The Dark Mod was inspired by it and there's a new release out. Free, open source and a lot of fun to be had with many missions available to download.
While it is a game, it's also a complete toolkit for fans to make their own stealth missions and there's already tons available. Out of the box it doesn't really come with anything, except two example missions and a tutorial so it's up to you to seek out more content for it — although the built-in downloader can take care of that for you.
The developers mentioned version 2.11 is mostly about fixing up bugs, however some new features were sprinkled in too including:
- Stealth Score and AI Alert behaviour was much improved.
- Smoother transitions from climbing.
- A multi-looting feature to grab multiple items at a time.
- Performance improvements.
- Improved graphics for shadows and volumetric lighting.
- The Engine now supports Obj model format (good for modders).
- GUI scripting has been overhauled with better syntax and error reporting.
See the full release announcement here.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
I really love Thief, I should finally check this out.
Shame it never arrived to Steam despite being successful at Steam Greenlight process.
1 Likes, Who?
See more from me