After another short Beta period, Valve recently released another stable Steam Client update for Desktop and Steam Deck and here's what's new. Largely the same between the two, since of course they share a lot of the code and the Big Picture UI now. Some of the fixes are just cleaning up not sending people on Desktop to Steam Deck areas.
These are noted for the Steam Deck changes:
- Reduced startup time for users with tens of thousands of games in their library.
- The Virtual Keyboard in the Overlay now remembers its last position.
- Added settings for initial location to show keyboard on desktop and in Steam overlay.
- Added fast jump by letter to library.
- Fixed Chord Hint Screen remaining shown after holding the guide button to turn off a controller in some scenarios.
- Fixed small movement of Virtual Keyboard when pressing shift in some themes.
- Fixed some inputs not showing up for the Steam Link App Touchscreen controller.
- Fixed several instances of Left Bumper/Trigger glyphs having the wrong background image.
- Fixed issue where a Team Fortress 2 Steam Controller startup sound was missing.
- Fixed some issues with Nintendo switch gyro drift calibration.
- Reverted back to old Game Info dialog that is accessible from the Friends List.
- Added alt-enter as a hotkey to exit Big Picture Mode.
- Fixed Big Picture Mode window not re-opening from double-clicking or selecting system tray menu options.
- Fixed Big Picture Mode window not displaying properly due to web GPU acceleration being disabled.
- Fixed issue where exiting Big Picture Mode would log out of Steam Chat.
- Fixed crash when opening Steam store.
- Fixed Steam library becoming unusable after applying a controller configuration.
While these are noted as just Desktop Steam fixes:
- Fixed a cause of Steam library, chat and Big Picture Mode browser windows showing all black or not rendering.
- Fixed crash on startup when an internal Steam browser window fails creation.
- Added F11 as a hotkey to toggle between windowed and fullscreen (Big Picture).
- Added fast jump by letter to BPM library.
- Added settings option to enable/disable UI sounds.
- Removed UI that prompted users if they wanted to participate in the Steam Deck Verified program when in normal BPM.
- Report a Bug in the Quick Access menu now links to the Big Picture discussions instead of the Steam Deck discussions.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
QuoteReduced startup time for users with tens of thousands of games in their library.
How do you get there ? Too much humble bundle ? :P
4 Likes, Who?
Quoting: 3zekielHow do you get there ? Too much humble bundle ? :PExactly that, there's other services with bundles too
See more from me