Lumencraft is a pretty gorgeous top-down blending of base-building, where you need to set up defensive towers and a whole lot of digging. Developed with full Linux and Steam Deck support using Godot Engine, it's easily one of my indie favourites from this year and it just left Early Access as a full game.
Imagine a bit of Deep Rock Galactic top-down with base-building, and that sort-of sums up the kind of experience to expect from it. Honestly it's good, and you can end up seemingly just blinking and hours have gone by while you're playing. The new update to the full release also brings with it a full single-player campaign with various missions, a new hub area between missions and lots more.
- Multiple game modes - a story campaign, custom maps created by the developers and the community or procedurally generated levels. The choice is yours!
- Defending the underground settlement by direct combat and the use of diversified turrets.
- Highly efficient and satisfying digging mechanics (just listen to the sweet sound of crushed rocks and Lumen).
- Explosive weapons. Yes, we have dynamite.
- Dynamic lights and pixel-perfect interaction with a fully destructible terrain.
- Dread atmosphere created through an impactful sound design and a unique 2Dynamic lighting system.
- Realistic simulations. Just look at the lava!
- Play with your friends in co-op mode either using Steam Remote Play or locally on a shared screen.
You can buy Lumencraft on GOG, Humble Store and Steam.
See more from me