ProtonUp-Qt gives you a hassle-free way to install various compatibility tools like GE-Proton, Wine-GE, Luxtorpeda and others for Steam, Lutris and the Heroic Games Launcher.
If you've found yourself needing GE-Proton, as it does at times have extra fixes not even available yet in Proton Experimental, ProtonUp-Qt makes it incredibly painless. Something I've shown off numerous times in videos and articles, like a Steam Deck guide.
Here's what's new in version 2.8.0:
- Added the Proton-Tkg (Wine Master) compatibility tool for Steam.
- Added the Vanilla Wine compatibility tool for Lutris.
- Added sorting and searching functionality to the game list.
- Added a game list for Lutris and Heroic Games Launcher.
- Added a compatibility tool info dialog for Heroic Games Launcher.
- ProtonUp-Qt now displays non-Steam games in the game list.
- Added various keyboard shortcuts.
- Added a notification to display when the GitHub API limit is reached.
- Open for testing: Added a button which adds a ProtonUp-Qt shortcut to the Steam library.