Fusing together the best elements of deckbuilders and tactical turn-based battles, Takara Cards is a little unusual to get into but full of charm to keep you wanting more. It feels like an evolved idea from their previous game, NEXT JUMP: Shmup Tactics, which was also a lot of fun.
It's showing a huge amount of promise for the rather quirky story to it, one that sees you chasing Dragons through space as you build up your deck of abilities, progress through various turn-based battles and encounter various strange events. The combat is certainly interesting, with your deck being both your pilot and your ship and the battles are you travelling through space with your aim to destroy as much as possible and survive to continue on.
Currently in Early Access and available now on Steam, it comes with full Native Linux support and the developer mentioned they're ensuring it works nicely on Steam Deck as well. It's made with Godot Engine and other open source tooling as well.
- Play cards in a DEEP tactical turn-based Combat.
- Over 70 cards and 34 unique units (so far).
- Create your character by choosing Cards and Reputation, among other things!
- Your Deck is your Pilot and your Ship: Build it by venturing through the Cosmos and Events.
- Exoteric Karma System that influences your Character and Ship.
- Synergize between dozens of UNIQUE cards to clear the board of enemies in one Turn.
Go and check it out on Steam.
This combined with all the tactical possibilities offered by playing / moving things around on a 2D board sounds like an interesting design !
And they use Godot, what's not to love ?
Quoting: Purple Library GuyFor a game that seems to be full of combat, the trailer has a very relaxed feel.
I'm the main Dev in the game!
The game's combat is actually quite relaxing!
The objective is to clear the board of enemies in as few turns as possible.
It's like a tactical-puzzle card kinda game.
See more from me